Careers with Us
When you enter a client’s home, you enter their lives. With a career at Direct Care Home Health Services, you’ll draw on all of your skills to make a powerful difference in the lives of your clients every day. Our core values of compassion, excellence, and reliability serve us well across all disciplines, levels, and homes.
With Direct Care Home Health Services, you’ll have the support network, resources, and confidence to challenge yourself and the freedom to grow into your greatest potential.
Also included are Payroll Benefits such as:
- For Full Time Employees
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Dental, vision and other supplemental insurance plans
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Direct Deposit
- Bi Weekly Pay
- Shift Differential
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules & Working Hours
- Electronic Documentation
- Inservice-Education CEU Opportunities
- Sick and safe Leave
Requirements of Employment
- Proof of Identity (i.e. Driver’s License, Valid Photo ID, etc.)
- Social Security card
- Certification (+skills), DC License RN/HHA/LPN/PT/OT/SP
- CPR & First Aid
- TB (PPD) Screening Within six (6) months of application/Chest X-Ray (Valid for 5 Years)
- Physical Clearance
- Police Clearance |Within the last two (2) months as to the date of application. *
All Maryland Residents need police clearance for both Maryland and Washington D.C.
- HEP B Vaccine Records / Declination Form
* There must be a police clearance for each state the individual has lived and worked in for the past seven (7) years: i.e. John Taylor lived and worked in NY 2005, VA 2006, MD 2008, DC 2009; he must obtain a police clearance for each state he lived and worked within a seven (7) year time frame.
Direct Care Home Health Services, LLC. does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or age in admission, treatment or participation in its program, services and activities, or in employment.
If you would like to be considered for employment with us, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered NursesApply Today!
Direct Care Home Health Services is looking for qualified Registered Nurses that lead with compassion, excellence, and reliability as you partner with a collaborative, multidisciplinary team of health care professionals to ensure client needs are met—and exceeded. It’s about putting the client first in everything you do, including developing, administering, and evaluating nursing care plans.
Our Registered Nurses play a key role in delivering the highest nursing care by completing and documenting comprehensive nursing assessments of patient health statuses and addressing changes in their conditions. Coordinating care with multi-disciplinary team that includes, LPNs, HHAs, PTs, OTs and Speech Therapists. This will involve preparing and administering medication and treatment, directing LPNs, CNAs, and Home Health Aides, in quality patient care as well as providing appropriate patient/family/caregiver teaching.
Our Nurses also involve the client and family members in creating the Plan of Care considering the client’s personal goals and medical needs.
Home Health Aides / PCAApply Today!
Home health and personal care aides aid clients perform activities of daily living. They help with activities such as bathing and dressing, and they provide services such as light housekeeping or check the client’s vital signs under the direction of a nurse or other healthcare practitioner.
- Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination and adequate nutritional intake.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Maintains a clean, safe and healthy patient/client environment.
- Assists patient/client with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking, and medication reminders.
- Recognizes, reports and documents change in patient/client condition and safety to supervisor.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
Physical TherapistApply Today!
A therapy professional responsible for ensuring quality total beneficiary care through assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of their needs; responsible for effectiveness of measures implemented, under the direction of the physician, to resolve active problems of the beneficiary and to provide stronger self-care techniques; provides appropriate beneficiary/family/caregiver teaching; promotes quality services in accordance with established agency policies and procedures; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments to determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points
- Develops and revises the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members
- Provides therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as applicable; coordinates with physician and DME provider to obtains assistive devices to ensure safety and rehabilitation
- Advises and consults with caregivers, family, and other agency personnel as applicable
- Establishes and instructs the patient, the caretaker, or agency staff involved in assisting the patient in home exercise programs, when applicable
- Instructs the beneficiary and caregiver, when applicable, in the care and proper use of equipment and devices, such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, prosthetics, and orthopedic devices
- Accurately and completely prepares all clinical documentation per agency policy
- Identifies and communicates changes in the beneficiary’s condition; informs the physician and obtains new orders as needed
- Maintains communication with the beneficiary, family and other members of the home care team to ensure coordination of services and episode management that meets patient goals in a cost-effective manner
- Evaluates outcomes of care through performance improvement activities, clinical outcomes, and adverse event reviews, clinical record reviews, and other assigned duties
- Supervises Home Health Aides and other licensed staff as appropriate
- Participates in care conference, staff meetings, and at least quarterly, in-service programs
- Plans for discharge
Occupational TherapistApply Today!
As the Occupational Therapist, you will deliver the highest care through assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of patient needs through occupational therapy care plans for each assigned patient, which include:
- Deliver occupational therapy services in accordance with the approved plan of treatment and plan of care
- Observe and communicates to physician and agency staff, at least every 62 days, patient progress, reactions, improvements, and other changes in patient conditions or plan of care
- Accurately and completely prepare all clinical documentation per agency policy
- Instructs the patient and the patient’s caretaker, when applicable, in the care and proper use of equipment and devices, such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, prosthetics, and orthopedic devices
- Participate in the agency’s quality assurance review and evaluations of occupational therapy services
- Plans for discharge
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)Apply Today!
Responsibilities: Carries out skilled responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care as well as assessing client needs. Services are provided under a physician’s plan of treatment.
- Initiates daily care plans for beneficiaries, setting goals and priorities
- Provides direct beneficiary care requiring the skill professional licensed nurse
- Performs incidental household tasks essential to the beneficiary’s health needs
- Communicates beneficiary needs through appropriate channels
- Maintains comprehensive, complete and current beneficiary care records
- Documents services rendered on the day services are provided
- Fosters a positive public awareness of Direct Care Home Health Services communicating the concept of quality care of beneficiaries.
- Participates in scheduled staff meetings and attends appropriate in-service continuing education programs
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Director of Nursing that fall within the scope of the employee’s training.
- Administers residents’ medications per regulations.
- Provides residents’ treatment/wound care per protocol.
- Completes all facility documentation accurately and timely.
- Completes head to toe clinical assessment of all residents.
- Participates in the early identification of clinical issues in order to minimize avoidable transfers to the hospital.